Walk with an Alpaca - Alpaca Experience
Longthorns is offering the Alpaca Experience to the Public
We are open for Alpaca walking but only under Government Guides
Rule of 6 or 2 households
For over 7 years we have offered alpaca walking to our campers, this is hugely popular as a taster session to explore these fabulous animals, their gentle humming to communicate with each other and us. They are inquisitive animals and love nothing more than to stroll through the woods at Longthorns Farm.
Now you too can walk Longthorns Alpaca's
Our Alpaca Experience is an approx 1-hour 45-minute session, consisting of
An alpaca learning session and safety induction
Introduction to the alpaca's, facts, and figures about these amazing animals.
This followed by a walk out into the woods for a 45-50 minute walk taking in the sights and more learning.
On the walk you pass the beehives that produce Longthorns Honey, take in the local wildlife flora and fauna and finally, amble home by Holy Rod Stream.
The Experience is completed by feeding the alpacas, followed by refreshments Tea or Coffee, and Biscuits.
Included is one Goody bag is given with every alpaca booked.
Extra bags can be purchased at £4.50
Contains- 1 pack Alpaca Poo really chocolate raisins. 1 Alpaca Card, a choice of Alpaca Key ring, or Alpaca Fridge magnet.
The retail Value £6.00 if bought separately.
You can browse around the gift area for alpaca gifts, socks, balls of Longthorns Alpaca Yarn which has traveled from Longthorns to a local Town Wimborne processed and back again, how local is that !!.
Please contact us if you require Corporate Team building or Christmas outings.
Questions & Answers
- How much does it cost? Starting from £30.00 per Alpaca with up to 2 persons walking.
- What times do you offer? Our sessions are 11 am, please go to the availability calendar to see the walking days and times scheduled. Please arrive 10 minutes before your allocated time to allow for time to use the restroom. We are offering some 2 pm walks
- Can I just turn up? No sorry, this is a pre-booked experience only.
- Weather If the weather looks inclement, we will contact you to reschedule your walk, this is for the alpaca's welfare as they do not enjoy walking in rain or wind, and we also want you to have a great time on your experience.
- How many people allowed on the walk? the walk is strictly no more than 2 people per alpaca, this is for their welfare, Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and walk with them, so a family of 4 would require 2 alpaca.
- Are spectators allowed? In normal times you can book one spectator per alpaca, the spectator may walk behind the group, and swop on a photoshoot stopping point. This is not available at present.
- Sessions limited to 6 guests in line with Government guidelines. Or now 2 households.
- Can I eat at Longthorns ?. we do not have an onsite cafe, but if you have time to spare why not bring a picnic, picnic benches are available on site.
- Wheelchair users The alpaca trail is not suitable for wheelchairs as it is natural terrain so uneven and narrow in places, but we offer a 30-minute interaction session for guests with accessibility issues or additional needs £28.00 includes refreshments for 2 and one goodie bag. Please email email@example.com to book or call 01929401539.
Dates for booking online availability.
Please book 1 Alpaca Experience at a time, if you require 2 or 3, please continue to book until you have booked your required number of Alpaca.
The Alpaca Experience Vouchers are sold in the Onlineshop - Click here to buy.
Gift vouchers for the Alpaca Experience are valid for one year.
Contact Us via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpaca Experience Gallery
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.