Covid 19 Situation
Firstly we would like to thank all our guests for being so understanding and the majority have rebooked for later this year or 2021, we cannot thank you enough for your support. There is no confirmed opening date from the government only guidance, indications are from Mid July but this is only a phased plan so will need to be confirmed.
We have opened up the online booking form to take booking from July 15th, but with no deposit as unless the Government give us permission we CANNOT open.
So please be aware if you book, and we are unable to proceed with your holiday the booking will be cancelled 7 days before arrival or earlier if lock down in our area is implemented.
No Electric Hookups will be available online until we have re scheduled all our previous cancelled guests
If we are able to go ahead and welcome you to Longthorns, you will be sent an email 7 days prior to your arrival date to inform you of your balance payable, this will need to be paid in full 5 days before arrival via the payment gateway or by calling us on 01929-401539 to make a telephone payment, we will not be accepting cash on site.
This year will not be business as usual here on the Farm.
Whilst we will do everything possible to make your stay the best we can , this will be with in government guide lines, there will be considerable restrictions in place to prevent the spread of the virus and keep guests and our team safe.
The following will apply if we can open, at present 2 metre social distancing applies hopefully this will be 1 metre by the summer.
- We are making all our pitches larger and marked out, so 3 pitches will become 2. You will be asked to stay in your allocated pitch, if you are booking adjacent pitches within your family bubble then you can visit the adjoining pitch.
- Reception will be closed and a self check in system will be operating, all payments will have been made prior to arrival, so you will be asked to call an allocated number provided in your pre arrival email. Please give your name, booking number and car registration number. Please remain in your car and a staff member will come out, whilst observing social distancing they will show you to your pitch.
- We are still unsure how the toilet/shower facilities capacity will be managed, limited numbers in at any one time. Extra cleaning will be implemented with the facilities block being closed daily from 11am for an hour for a deep clean. We will have 2 toilets open whilst this is in operation. We are also encouraging people to bring their own toilet tents, portable flush toilet, and camping showers. There are 3 chemical disposal points around the site.
- Unfortunately no bikes can be ridden around the site, children will asked to play on the grass by their family pitch, so the woods will be out of bounds as a play area, just a woodland walk with social distancing.
- Food and Drink. This has yet to be finalised but indications are we will only be offering out side takeaway for both.
- Reception for goods, again this has to be addressed as it is a small area, this will be updated as we progress, but thoughts are a click and collect system with a contactless payment.
- For your reassurance all visitors on site will have pre-booked to be able to visit Longthorns and will have been advised of our Covid T’s & C’s.
- We will advising on our Glamping stays shortly, with guests being given the option of bringing their own linen and we will provide a UK Covid-19 Cleaning certificate for the unit. Check out times will be earlier and Check in times will be later to allow for deep cleaning.
- Alpaca walking we are waiting for advise on this activity, of course they will still be here grazing in their fields.
Stay safe and hope we can all meet this summer.
Mark Sally & The Longthorns team
Browse other holidays
Places of interest
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.