COVID 19 Update
We promise to keep all our customers safe. We ask you not to book if the law prevents you visiting or staying with us or if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to. Our promise also means that there are limited circumstances in which we may need to cancel your holiday.
6 is the magic number
The safety of our campers and site teams remains our highest priority and we have been working hard to welcome you back to ensure the safety for campers and site colleagues, we've introduced the following steps to be in line with Government guidance.
By Booking with us you are accepting our Terms & conditions. For us to open our facilities block we have had to undertake an extensive Risk assessment, as you are aware many campsites are not opening their facilities as they do not feel they can comply, or afford the extra cleaning.
We are owner run so have called on our Longthorns team, family, and friends to be able to open, but we need you to help us as well to stay social distanced, respect the facilities and keep them clean, you may have to queue but please be patient and enjoy your time at Longthorns.
Firstly we would like to thank all our guests for being so understanding and the majority have rebooked for later this year or 2021, we cannot thank you enough for your support.
We are now open for booking, but with restrictions in place with Government guidelines.
To welcome you to Longthorns, you will be sent an email 7 days before your arrival date to inform you of your balance payable, this will need to be paid in full 5 days before arrival via the payment gateway or by calling us on 01929-401539 to make a telephone payment, we will not be accepting cash on site.
This year will not be business as usual here on the Farm.
Whilst we will do everything possible to make your stay the best we can, this will be within government guidelines, there will be considerable restrictions in place to prevent the spread of the virus and keep guests and our team safe.
All guests will have prebooked, we will not accept any of the road bookings. so all guests will have read and agreed to the use of the site during this unprecedented time.
The following will apply at present 2-meter social distancing applies.
This year you will have to be self-sufficient as, using your own facilities where ever possible.
What is open and available on site
- Electric Pitches
- Non-Electric Pitches
- Toilets and showers (limited use, please do teeth cleaning, makeup, etc on your pitch to avoid queues)
- Glamping units Please bring your own linen
- Parlour Closed
- Chemical disposal points
- Water taps
- Hot water to take away, washing up sinks closed
- Food and Drink all closed for the season.
What is closed and unavailable
- No communal fridges or Ice block freezing facilities
- No phone charging
- Reception Closed:-telephone number on the door, we are still around on site
- Mini Alpaca walking will be closed, they will still be here grazing in their fields.
- Parlour Closed
- Washing up facilities closed:- Hot water may be taken away back to your pitch the good old fashioned way.
- We are making all our pitches larger and marked out. You will be asked to stay in your allocated pitch, if you are booking adjacent pitches within your family bubble then you can visit the adjoining pitch. Multiple family holidays/groups are restricted to 2 households and under 6 people. This applies to groups. Please do not try and book over these limits. COVID -19 means the pitches will be marked out to ensure social distancing, not our usual informal setup.
- The reception will be closed, a self-check-in system will be operating, all payments will have been made before arrival, arriving at Longthorns you will be asked to call a dedicated number provided in your pre-arrival email Please give your name, booking number, and car registration number. Please remain in your car and a staff member will come out, whilst observing social distancing they will show you to your pitch.
- The toilet/shower facilities will open but subject to strict rules.limited numbers in at any one time. Extra cleaning will be implemented with the facilities block being closed daily from 11 am - 12 for a COVID deep clean. We will have 2 toilets open whilst this is in operation. We are also encouraging people to use their own onboard facilities or bring their own, please do as much on your pitch as possible, brushing your teeth, makeup, shaving, etc.
- There are 3 chemical disposal points around the site. Guests in line with government guidelines are being asked to bring their own sanitizer and soap. Please be advised you may have to wait and please use the facilities responsibly, may campsites are not opening their facilities as they feel they cannot comply or have the staff to implement the COVID cleaning compliance, we can but need your help as well to maintain. It will be strictly no unattended children at any time under 12, we cannot be responsible for their handwashing and following social distancing. Your children are your responsibility, we reserve the right to ask any families that do not monitor their children to leave. Please be respectful to our Team if they are cleaning and can not allow you in the facilities; Sanitisers have been placed at the entry to the toilets.
- Unfortunately, no bikes can be ridden up and down the car tracks, bikes may be ridden by your pitch, under parental/guardian supervision to comply with social distancing. children will be asked to play on the grass by their family pitch, so the woods will be out of bounds as a play area, just a woodland walk with social distancing.
- Glamping Units you will be asked to bring your own linen, and all soft furnishing/bunting will be removed. Check out times will be earlier and Check-in times will be later to allow for deep cleaning. Check out by 10 am and check-in is not until 4 pm.
- The communal outdoor fridges will have to be removed, and sorry no iceblock freezing for our guests this year.
- For your reassurance, all visitors on-site will have pre-booked to be able to visit Longthorns and will have been advised of our COVID T’s & C’s. Guests are not allowed to have off-site visitors during their stay at Longthorns.
- COVID Signage will be in place to remind everyone to stay alert.
- Alpaca Walks with be reduced to 6 guests this includes spectators.
- Whilst we are doing everything to ensure the safety of all, you as guests have to take full responsibility to stay alert and follow all the guidance in place.
Stay safe and follow the government guidelines
Mark Sally & The Longthorns team