Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we get married at Longthorns?
- Yes, you can, Longthorns hold a license for ceremonies inside The Old Dairy Parlour, under the Pagoda, and or in the Alpaca Bay.
- For the ceremony, we provide 120 chairs, a signing table, flowers for decoration.
- Parking for the registrar and a PA system.
- Fees apply to the registrar office and Longthorns
2. How do I book?
- Once you have viewed Longthorns and decided we are the venue for you
- We will check availability to see if your date is free and once you have advised us you would like to book, a contract is sent out so you can see exactly what is included in your chosen package, once you are happy, then we invoice for the deposit.
- A deposit of £500.00 is payable to confirm your booking., this is strictly nonrefundable.
3. What if it rains?
- Our marquee is located on the old dairy yard so not on the grass. So ladies please don't worry about your shoes.
- Our Old Dairy Parlour is attached to the marquee so need to get wet on your way to the bar.
4. How many tables and chairs do you have?
- In our packages, we provide up to 120 lime-washed chivari chairs, and a combination of tables both sizes seat 8 = 120. If you wish to have all round tables, these can be hired in, but we do not provide the linen for these.
5. Do you provide table cloths?
- We provide cream tablecloths for the above 15 tables. 10 8ft long and 5 round table cloths. Extra's will need to be hired in.
6. Can we use candles?
- No sorry only battery-operated candles only.
7. Are any decorations included in the package?
- The marquee will be dressed in a choice of traditional cream drapes and chandeliers or rustic cartwheel lighting and hessian drapes for you to decorate as you wish. Also, ceiling fairy lights included.
- Please no decorations to be stapled or blue tacked in the Old Dairy Parlour.
- Venue styling is not included, but your package can be upgraded to include this.
8. Can we bring our own drinks and food
- Longthorns offers competitively priced drinks packages, starting from £13.50 pp included Welcome-Table-Toast drink.
- You may bring your own drinks subject to a cost to cover chilling, glasses, clean up, and serving of Welcome and Toast drinks. Please see the catering options page.
- Strictly all other drinks must be purchased from the bar. We offer a fully stocked bar taking cash or card, on draught we have Carlsberg, Purbeck draft cider, and Purbeck blush. A wide range of spirits, shots, ales from the Dorset Brewery company, including Dorset Knob, Jurassic along with more traditional beers Doom Bar, selection of lagers. We always discuss requirements to stock the bar to your taste.
- Options for smaller weddings include a Gin Bar and Beer in a Barrel when it is not viable to open the bar.
- If you bring your own food, ie cakes, biscuits, etc, please either provide plates serviettes and clearing staff, or Longthorns is happy to quote to provide for the service above.
9. Do you have a sound/PA system for ceremony/speeches/music?
- Yes, we do, suitable to connect to play-lists, also a microphone for speeches.
10. Are we able to hang fairy lights?
- Fairy lights are included in the marquee, and outdoor patio lighting. If you wish to light other areas power is limited, but LED battery ones would work well.
11. Can we have fireworks or Chinese lanterns?
- No sorry Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, are off limits on the Longthorns Farm premises. Sparklers on the Patio are a nice alternative or professional flame-throwers.
12. Can we have live music and until what time?
- Yes, you are able to have live music or DJ at the venue in the Marquee. Live band or DJ or any amplified music would need to finish at 11.30 pm.
- You are welcome to have background music from an iPod etc., playing after the amplified music finishes, whilst your guests finish their last drinks retire to their accommodation or waiting for carriages to take them home.
13. Can you hold other events at Longthorns?
- Longthorns hold a variety of events throughout the year and are always happy to discuss your event.
14. Can we use outside caterers?
- Yes of course.
- Any outside caterers must provide their own equipment/field kitchen and must provide Longthorns with public liability insurance, catering certificates, and gas safety certificate is applicable.
- The caters must provide staff to serve and clear away even if it is a takeaway style meal.
15. Are there toilets on-site?
- We have toilet and shower facilities.
16. Is there parking available?
- There is plenty of parking for all your guests.
17. Can we use confetti?
- Yes, you can use confetti, but it must be biodegradable (dissolves in water), or rose petals.
18. Do you have disabled access?
- We have a gravel car park, but concrete access to all areas and have a disabled accessibility room.
19. Do you supply a cake table?
- Yes, we supply a cake table, tablecloth and a cake knife free. If you wish Longthorns staff to cut up the cake we are happy to do this, but please provide plates and serviettes.
20. Is there somewhere for the bride to dress?
- We supply a dressing room an emperor tent with carpet vintage furniture, electric sockets for hairstyling, and mirrors for makeup for the bridal group to dress in before the wedding.
21. Places to stay nearby for guests that do not want to camp.
- The Dorset Golf resort
- Morton Manor
- The Greyhound Inn Winterborne Kingston
- The Breachfield Bed & Breakfast
- The High field House Bed & Breakfast Bed & Breakfast
22. Can the Alpaca's come out to play ?. The alpaca's are grazing around the fields all the time, included in all the packages is 30 minutes of Alpaca Time for photos and general petting, this is with a qualified alpaca handler. Extra time can be purchased.
Frequently Asked Questions Gallery
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.