Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we get married at Longthorns?
- Yes, you can, Longthorns hold a license for ceremonies inside The Old Dairy Parlour, under the Pagoda, and in the Alpaca Bay.
- For the ceremony, we provide 120 chairs, a signing table, flowers for decoration.
- Parking for the registrar and a PA system.
- Fees apply to the registrar office and Longthorns
2. How do I book?
- Once you have viewed Longthorns and decided we are the venue for you
- We will check availability to see if your date is free and once you have advised us you would like to book, a contract is sent out so you can see exactly what is included in your chosen package, once you are happy, then we invoice for the deposit.
- A deposit of £500.00 is payable to confirm your booking.
3. What if it rains?
- Our marquee is located on the old dairy yard so not on the grass.
- Our Old Dairy Parlour is attached to the marquee so need no to get wet on your way to the bar.
4. How many tables and chairs do you have?
- In our packages, we provide up to 120 lime-washed chivari chairs, and 10 long tables, and 5 round tables both sizes seat 8 = 120. If you wish to have all round tables, these can be hired in, but we do not provide the linen for these
5. Do you provide table cloths?
- We provide cream tablecloths for the above 15 tables. 10 8ft long and 5 round table cloths. Extra's will need to be hired in.
6. Can we use candles?
- No sorry only battery-operated candles only.
7. Are any decorations included in the package?
- The marquee will be dressed in a choice of traditional cream drapes and chandeliers or rustic cartwheel lighting and our hessian drapes for you to decorate as you wish.
- Please no decorations to be stapled or blue tacked in the Old Dairy Parlour.
- We do not offer venue styling but we can recommend companies who can do the styling for you.
8. Can we bring our own drinks and food
- Longthorns offer competitively priced drinks packages, starting from £9.00 pp included Welcome-Table-Toast drink.
- You may bring your own drinks subject to a cost to cover chilling, glasses, clean up, and serving of Welcome and Toast drinks. The cost is £1.50 pp per serving. Limited to one glass of welcome and toast drink, and half a bottle of wine pp person.
- Strictly all other drinks must be purchased from the bar.
- If you bring your own food, ie cakes, biscuits, etc, please either provide plates serviettes and clearing staff, or Longthorns is happy to quote provide for the above for you.
9. Do you have a sound/PA system for ceremony/speeches/music?
- Yes, we do, suitable to connect to play-lists, also a microphone for speeches.
10. Are we able to hang fairy lights?
- You can hang fairy lights inside and outside, but please be mindful there is only one power source outside which light the main ones, but LED battery ones would work well.
11. Can we have fireworks or Chinese lanterns?
- No sorry Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, or flame-throwers on the Longthorns Farm premises. Sparklers on the Patio are a nice alternative.
12. Can we have live music and until what time?
- Yes, you are able to have live music or DJ at the venue in the Marquee. Live band or DJ or any amplified music would need to finish at 11.30 pm.
- You are welcome to have background music from an iPod etc., playing after the amplified music finishes, whilst your guests finish their last drinks retire to their accommodation or waiting for carriages to take them home.
13. Can you hold other events at Longthorns?
- Longthorns hold a variety of events throughout the year and are always happy to discuss your event.
14. Can we use outside caterers?
- Yes of course.
- Any outside caterers must provide their own equipment/field kitchen and must provide Longthorns with public liability insurance, catering certificates, and gas safety certificate is applicable.
- The caters must provide staff to serve and clear away even if it is a takeaway style meal.
15. Are there toilets on-site?
- We have toilet and shower facilities.
16. Is there parking available?
- There is plenty of parking for all your guests.
17. Can we use confetti?
- Yes, you can use confetti, but it must be biodegradable (dissolves in water), or rose petals.
18. Do you have disabled access?
- We have a gravel car park, but concrete access to all areas and have a disabled accessibility room.
19. Do you supply a cake table?
- Yes, we supply a cake table, tablecloth and a cake knife free. If you wish Longthorns staff to cut up the cake we are happy to do this, but any plates and serviettes will be chargeable
20. Is there somewhere for the bride to dress?
- We supply a dressing room an emperor tent with carpet vintage furniture, electric sockets for hairstyling and mirrors for makeup for the bridal group to dress in before the wedding.
21. Is Vat included?
- Vat is included in all prices.
Frequently Asked Questions Gallery
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.