Terms & Conditions
Please read to make your stay enjoyable at Longthorns, sadly we have had to highlight issues below that are not being adhered too, we are not a campsite that likes to put rules up everwhere, so please please respect our T's & C's.
Respect your neighbours is the key rule to make everyone holiday enjoyable.
Arrivals & Departures Deposits
- Electrical Hook up pitches are available after 2pm, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Camping pitches are available from 12pm onwards, unless other arrangements have been made.
- TipeeCo's and Shepherds Huts area available from 2pm onwards.
- Departures by 12pm, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Please be aware Bank Holidays are a 3 night minimum stay. Sorry we do not take bookings for 1 night stay at weekends between June and August
- Late arrivals strictly no setting up of tents after 9.30.
Electrical Safety Terms
- Please do not under any circumstances bring domestic household equipment, we are a rural site and have limited Amps.
- Longthorns Farm is responsible for the safety of the electrical system up to the socket on the hook-up point at the pitch. It is the responsibility of the Camper to ensure that the plug, cable and associated sockets used to connect between the hook-up point to the Camper's unit is safe.
- Longthorns Farm will not accept responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to Longthorns Farm hook-up point.
- Do not let children play around he electric hook-up points or cables.
- The use of DOMESTIC items is strictly forbidden, camping electrical items only.
- Maximum power loading is 10amp which allows 3.680 wattage on pitch electrical outlets.
- This is sufficient for lighting, TV, fridge, microwave oven, shaver, but NOT standard domestic kettle or hair dryer.
- DO NOT USE household kettles which use 2000 watts, a camping one uses 750 watts.
- Please DO NOT use household heaters or any household equipment whilst camping.
- We have compiled our own guidance to help you keep within camping electrical good practise.
- Click here to go to advice sheet.
- Lastly we have noticed an increase in campers turning up with a household 3 pin plug and expect to plug into our electric supply.
- Please, if you are new to camping familiarise yourself with camping equipment and use of electric.
- Strictly NO generators on site at any time
Bookings & Deposits
- Booking Online. A deposit is required with 24 hours of booking to secure your booking, the system will Auto cancel if a payment is not made, a confirmation will be emailed to confirm.
- 20% of total booking cost is required to confirm your camping pitch
- 20% of total booking cost or minimum £50 is required to confirm your Glamping pitch
- 3 weeks prior booking to be paid in full for all bookings.
- Deposits. Deposits are strictly non-refundable and in the event of early departure refunds are not given unless in extreme circumstances, no refunds will be given due to bad weather.
- Balances: Please note - all balances to be paid within 21 days prior to arrival.
- All bookings once confirmed are non refundable, we advise holiday insurance is taken out.
- You can request certain pitches, but we cannot guarantee that we can allocate you to the pitch requested.
- We cannot guarantee group bookings for Electric Hookups (EHU) pitches will be adjacent to each other, particularly for short/weekend stays.
- Sorry we no longer take bookings for EHU and non EHU together due to logistics
- Group Bookings:
- These are accepted at the camp sites discretion,this means over 4 bookings together must be agreed by Longthorns, please call to discuss.
- If accepted each pitch has to fill in a separate booking form and payable deposit, then link together using the group booking box, strictly no group bookings under one name.
- Commercial and modified vehicles accepted at the owners discretion. Please enquire before booking,
- Sorry NO vehicles over 28 ft.
- Adding friends to a booking. If they are staying in your tent, caravan etc. They must be booked in prior to arrival.
Fire Pits & BBQ's
- Barbecues may be used providing they are raised above ground level and must be placed at least 4 metres from any tent or unit.
- No Fire Baskets.
- Fire Pits and BBQ's strictly 4 metres away from units and vehicles.
- Please check with the site owners in adverse weather conditions.
- Anyone breaking this rule will be asked to leave Longthorns Farm.
- Strictly no gathering of wood from the surrounding woods for firewood.
- Please see terms of hire for Fire pits.
Quiet Time & Music
- It's important to us that all our guests enjoy a peaceful, relaxing stay with us.
- Longthorns Farm is in a quiet, remote location in the countryside and guests choose to stay with us because they are seeking to relax and unwind.
- Music can be played at low volume, no bass music, boom box's, oropened car door.that will disturb others.
- Longthorns Farm reserve the right to ask for any inappropriate or loud music to be turned off. If this is not adhered to, we may change our policy and not permit electronic music, so please respect this decision.
- Our quiet time to start settling down to retire to bed is between 10pm and 11pm, music must be switched off by 10pm, after this time strictly no music.
- Please be considerate to your neighbours, noise carries at night, there may well be young children sleeping so we ask that you are aware of how much noise your party are making around the camp fires, please also be mindful of any swearing, bad language, etc. Please adhere to this, although we are a relaxed site, this is one issue we monitor very carefully.
- Please be discreet when using torches at night.
- Please do not allow children to run around until after 9am, your neighbours may not wish to be woken too early!
- All the above ensures that we can maintain the reputation of a friendly and safe site, if you're looking to karaoke around the camp fire at 2am then sorry Longthorns Farm isn't the right camp site for you.
Recycling and Waste Policy
- Please make full use of the Recycling facilities.
- Recycle bin in this you can put plastic bottles, clean food containers, tins, paper, cardboard, but not glass. There is separate facility for glass.
- We have a contract with Veolia, who have a policy of zero land fill.
- At present glass has to be separated from the main recycling, but in time this will incorporated.
- Food Waste. Please place in the transparent bags food waste bags provided in reception.
- General Mixed Waste. Please place in the bins provided. Please ensure it is all bagged in a carrier or refuse sack, especially nappies etc. Thank you.
- Please take home punctured air bed's, broken chairs, broken tents, any camping equipment that you brought with you. Thank you for helping Longthorns.
Speed & Safety
- 5mph Vehicle speed limit to be kept at all times.
- Please observe all Working Farm and Health & Safety signs displayed.
- Longthorns Farm will not accept any liability in respect of any person or the property of any person using the site.
- Please shut gates behind you, if you find them closed, please close after driving through this may be shut for a livestock reason
- Parental or guardians responsibility and supervision of Children is paramount at all times.
- We must insist children are within earshot and eyesight of the supervising adult. Please do not allow children to run around other people's pitches, or upset any of the animals.
- Please do not allow your children to go in any of the animal pens or in with the horses
- Water:- Cars, Caravans etc.. must NOT be washed on site. Please no paddling pools to be used on site. Please supervise children regarding use of water.
- Although we do not lock the front gate, we do ask that anyone arriving back after 11 pm leave their car, outside the main entrance on the grass car park area.
- Strictly no Taxi's on site after 10 pm
- Please use the front entrance to be dropped off and please do not allow your taxi to beam their headlights straight into the camp site after dark and disturb your fellow campers, please be quiet walking through the camp-site. Strictly no drop off's after 11.00.
Dogs & Children
- Whilst we love both, we have to make sure of the welfare of all.
- Dogs. Strictly do not leave your dog in a tent or caravan unattended, or in a Glamping unit, when you are not on site (in hot weather this is a welfare issue and we are liable as you are camping on our property)
- Do not allow your dog to bark continually, this causes a disturbance to others.
- Monkey World do not allow dogs in the park, so please make arrangements for your dog if you are wishing to visit Monkey World. We have a list of Doggie sitters.
- Please clean up after your dog and place bags in the bins provided. This is a working farm with livestock present.
- Please ensure that dogs are on a lead at all times. (No exceptions).
- We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered a nuisance, or to be affecting the comfort of guests, to remove it from the farm.
- Children. We love children to be children, so we always leave space to them to play on grass areas, but please do not allow them to run around other people's pitches.
- Under no circumstances are any children or adults to enter the animal paddocks.
- Please do not let your children go in the showers or toilets unattended.
General Site Conditions due to Location.
- Kite Flying we are sorry but no Kite flying. We are next to a Gliding Club and this prohibits all flying of Kite's within 2km of the airfield.
- No Drones of any description to be flown on site
- Strictly no Chinese Lanterns.
- Please be aware we are a working farm and there is stock fencing including barbed wire on site.
- We are next to a SSSI (signs are posted next to our woodland walk) which is a prohibited area.
- Definition of A Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) is one of the country's very best wildlife and/or geological sites. SSSI's include some of the most spectacular and beautiful habitats: wetlands teeming with wading birds, winding chalk rivers, flower-rich meadows, windswept shingle beaches and remote upland peat bogs.
- We feel we must make you aware that our location is near a Military base, so tank training can be taking place on the main road, whilst most campers embrace this, some campers have commented on them, this is out of our control.
- Please leave your accommodation tidy and let us know if anything gets broken so we can replace it for our next guest.
- We will only charge for replacements in exceptional circumstances, as we expect a degree of wear and tear.
- If the damage is directly attributable to the guest, then we reserve the right to request payment of up to £300.
- All cleaning, under normal circumstances is included as part of your stay.
- If additional cleaning is required, including washing up, additional cleaning of the interior or fixtures and fittings then Longthorns Farm reserves the right to charge for this work at a rate of £15 per hour.
- Longthorns Farm reserves the right to deduct this payment from your security deposit or invoice guests following their stay.
- Wildlife. You are staying in nature's surroundings, so we may get the odd insect visitor from time time that is not always welcome, but sorry we cannot give refunds if their presence offends.
- Groups stay. This has become an increasing problem with units being left all mixed up, or all dumped in one unit. Please ensure you leave your own unit complete as you you found. We really appreciate this being done. Thank You