Terms & Conditions
"By Booking will us you are accepting our Terms & conditions.
Arrivals & Departures Deposit
- Please drive round to reception to be checked in, please have your booking reference ready, please do not drive straight on to a pitch, even if you can see your friends on site, this is to complete our booking system check-in procedure.
Arrivals:- Electrical Hook-up pitches are available from 2 pm unless other arrangements have been made.
Camping pitches are available from 12 o'clock onwards, the last arrival time is 8 pm.
Late arrivals by arrangement only
Departures:- Electrical Hook up pitches strictly by 12 o'clock.
Camping pitches by 12 o'clock. Late departure can be arranged on camping.
Arrival TipeeCo's, Shepherds Huts & Eco Pods, will be ready for 4 pm unless other arrangements have been made,
Departure strictly by 10 am. unless other arrangements have been made
Electrical Safety Terms
- Electrical Safety Terms
Please do not under any circumstances bring domestic household equipment. We are a rural site so have a limited 6-10 Amps. This is being addressed and in the future, we do hope to able to upgrade, subject to the improvements by our supplier.
Longthorns Farm is responsible for the safety of the electrical system up to the socket on the hook-up point at the pitch. It is your responsibility to ensure that the plug, cable and associated sockets used to connect between the hook-up point to the Camper's unit is safe. Longthorns Farm will not accept responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use of unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to the Longthorns Farm hook-up point. Do not let children play around with the electric hook-up points or cables.
The use of domestic items is strictly forbidden, camping electrical items only. The maximum power loading is 10 amp which allows 3.680 wattages on pitch electrical outlets. This is sufficient for lighting, TV, fridge, microwave oven, shaver, but NOT standard domestic kettles or hair dryers. Household kettles use 2000 watts, a camping one 750 watts. Please do not use household heaters.
We have noticed an increase in campers turning up with a household 3 pin plug and expect to plug into our electric supply. If you are new to camping, please take the time to familiarise yourself with camping equipment and the use of electricity on a campsite. Please see our advice sheet
No Generators at any time, please don't ask even if you say it is a quiet one.
Please DO NOT leave your engine running to charge mobiles etc. This is disrespectful to your fellow campers.
Sorry, no phone charging for the foreseeable future in reception.
Bookings Deposits & Cancellations
- Camping and Glamping 20% deposit is required to secure your booking, flexible rebooking is offered within the 2021 season for the deposit only (seasonal price variations apply) the balance is payable in full 14 days prior to arrival. If the balance is not paid 14 days in advance, we have the right to cancel the booking and the deposit is not transferable.
Cancellation Once your holiday is booked, and is paid in full payments are strictly non-refundable and in the event of an early departure, refunds are only in exceptional circumstances, no refunds will be given due to bad weather or you decide to leave early.
We recommend you take out holiday insurance, many are offering very comprehensive cover (other than Covid government restrictions) which include Covid illness for you and your family.
You can request certain pitches, but we cannot guarantee that we can allocate you to the pitch requested.
We cannot guarantee that group bookings for Electric Hookups (EHU) pitches will be adjacent to one another, particularly for short/weekend stays, although we will always try our best to accommodate your request.
Sorry, we no longer take bookings for EHU and non-EHU together due to logistics.
- Group Bookings:-
2021 we will take up to 4 families unless Covid restrictions by the government override this.
Please enquire before firstname.lastname@example.org
If accepted each pitch must fill out a separate booking form and the payable deposit. These can be linked together using the group booking box,(Exactly the name MUST be used), we cannot be responsible for the misspelling of the group name. Strictly no group bookings under one name every guest must accept our T's & C's.
If as a group you are congregating on one pitch to sit together please select a pitch in the middle of your group, not one on the end next to another guest who is not in your party. Please be respectful of your neighbours.
Commercial and modified vehicles are accepted at the owner's discretion.
- Sorry, no vehicles over 28 ft.
If you are adding friends to booking and they are staying in your tent, caravan, etc, they must be booked in with us prior to arrival
Please be aware Bank holidays are a 3 Night Minimum Stay, and limited availability on EHU for weekend breaks.
We respect your privacy and no data is shared with any third party, we do not store any card transaction details.
Council regulations insist that the farm/campsite is for holiday use only, therefore working or trading from the farm/campsite is not permitted.
Fire Pits & BBQ's
- Barbecues may be used providing they are raised above ground level and must be placed at least 5 metres from any tent or unit
No Fire Baskets, or lighting of fires directly onto the grass.
Fire pits and BBQ's must be strictly 4 metres away from units and vehicles
In exceptionally hot weather please check with us before lighting your fire pit or BBQ due to the increased risk of fire spreading.
Strictly no gathering of wood from the surrounding woods for firewood, this is very important and anyone breaking this rule will be asked to leave Longthorns Farm immediately.
Please see our terms of hire for fire pits
In extremely hot weather, we reserve the right to cancel all Firepits on-site, all booking either bring your own or hired from Longthorns will be refunded.
Quiet Time & Music
- Quiet Time & Music
Music can be played at a low volume that won't disturb fellow campers, we reserve the right to ask for inappropriate or loud music to be turned off. Please respect this decision otherwise we will have no option but to change our policy.
Our quiet time is between 10 pm and 11 pm. By 10 pm all music must be switched off. After 11 pm the only sounds you should be able to hear are the owls hooting in the woods, our alpacas humming in the fields and the low murmurings of our guests enjoying some tranquil star gazing. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to ask your party to leave, if you will have breached the terms of your contract no refunds will be forthcoming.
Please be discreet when using torches at night. Please do not drive your cars to the toilets. If you do have mobility issues then please let us know in advance and we will do our very best to ensure that you are sited close to the facilities.
Please do not allow children to run around after 9 pm and disturb other guests, on the same note please ensure that young children are not unleashed into the great outdoors until after 8 am!
All the above ensures that we can maintain our reputation of a friendly and safe site, if you are looking to party into the small hours then this isn't the right campsite for you.
Recycling and Waste Policy
- Please make full use of the Recycling facilities, we recycle plastic bottles, clean food containers, tins, paper, cardboard, and glass. We have just signed a contract with Veolia, which has a policy of zero landfills.
Please place general mixed waste in the bins provided. Please ensure it is all bagged in a carrier or refuse sack, especially nappies, etc.
Please ensure that your site is left clean, tidy, and free of all rubbish. Please take home, do not leave punctured air beds, broken chairs, broken tents, or any other camping equipment behind for us to dispose of.
- There are Ash bins provided around the site, please don't tip any ash under the hedgerows, this can be a fire hazard if they are not cool, and makes the site untidy.
Speed & Safety
- 5 mph vehicle speed limit to be kept at all times.
Please observe all Working Farm and Health & Safety signs displayed.
All persons staying on or visiting Longthorns Farm campsite use the facilities provided entirely at their own risk. Longthorns Farm Campsite and its owners cannot accept any liability for loss, damage, or accident to persons or property.
Please shut the gates behind you at all times. They may be shut for livestock reasons.
Children must be supervised at all times and kept within earshot and sight of a supervising adult at all times.
Please do not go into the animal paddocks without a member of staff being present.
Cars, caravans, etc.. must NOT be washed on site. Please no paddling pools to be used on site. Please supervise children regarding the use of water.
Washing lines are not permitted. Please do not use the toilet or washing up facilities for the washing of clothes.
Late-night return to camp.
Although we do not lock the front gate, we do ask that anyone arriving back after 11 pm leaves their car outside the main entrance on the grass car park area and then walk quietly to their pitch.
Strictly no Taxi's on-site after 10 pm.
Please use the front entrance to be dropped off and please do not allow your taxi to beam their headlights straight into the campsite after dark and disturb your fellow campers, Please be quiet walking through the camp-site. Strictly no drop off's after 11.00 pm.
Dogs & Children
- Whilst we love having both to stay, there are a few rules to follow.
Please do not leave your dog in a tent or caravan unattended (in hot weather this is a welfare issue, and we are liable as you are camping on our property). Please also don't allow your dog to bark continually as this causes a disturbance to others.
Monkey World does not allow dogs in the park, so please make alternative arrangements for your dog if you are planning to visit. We have a list of dog sitters on our links page.
Please clean up after your dog and place bags in the bins provided.
Please ensure that dogs are on a lead at all times. (No exceptions )
We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered a nuisance, or to be affecting the comfort of guests, to remove it from the farm
We love children to be children, so we always leave space for them to play on grass areas, please do not allow them to run around other people's pitches.
Under no circumstances are any children or adults to enter the animal paddocks.
Please do not let your children go into the showers or toilets unattended, extra COVID precautions strictly no children under 12 unattended.
General Site Conditions due to Location.
- We are sorry but as we are located next to a gliding club this prohibits all flying of the kite's within 2km of the airfield
Please be aware we are a working farm, and there is stock fencing, including barbed wire, on-site. Chemical toilets can only be emptied at the provided disposal point. Clotheslines are not allowed for safety reasons. We are lucky enough to be next to a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) this is a prohibited area (signs are posted next to our woodland walk). This is one of the country's very best wildlife and/or geological sites. SSSI's include some of the most spectacular and beautiful habitats: wetlands teeming with wading birds, winding chalk rivers, flower-rich meadows, windswept shingle beaches, and remote upland peat bogs.
- Campers must allow a minimum of 6m between pitches for fire regulations.
- Fire points are located throughout the farm/campsite. In the event of any serious breach of the above conditions, Longthorns Farm and its owners reserve the right to terminate a holiday/pitch booking and ask offenders to leave the farm/campsite.
- Council regulations insist that the farm/campsite is for holiday use only, therefore working or trading from the farm/campsite is not permitted.
- We will only charge for replacements in exceptional circumstances, as we expect a degree of wear and tear.
- If the damage is directly attributable to the guest, then we reserve the right to request payment of up to £300.
- All cleaning, under normal circumstances, is included as part of your stay.
- If additional cleaning is required, including washing up, additional cleaning of the interior or fixtures and fittings then Longthorns Farm reserves the right to charge for this work at a rate of £15 per hour.
- Longthorns Farm reserves the right to deduct this payment from your security deposit or invoice guests following their stay.
- Wildlife. You are staying in nature's surroundings, so we may get the odd insect visitor from the time that is not always welcome, but sorry we cannot give refunds if their presence offends.
- Groups stay. This has become an increasing problem with units being left all mixed up, or all dumped in one unit. Please ensure you leave your own unit complete as you found. We really appreciate this being done.
COVID Symptoms for travel
- You must not travel to us if you are feeling unwell, or showing any signs of COVID 19 in the days before your travel date. We are happy to reschedule your booking and transfer any money paid to a future booking.
- If you or any member of your family are taken ill during your stay at Longthorns, call 111 please do not approach any of our staff members, You will. not be able to stay on-site to self isolate you will need to go home. Please email us to inform us of your condition on email@example.com
- Emergency Numbers
- Call 111
- Public Health Dorset 01305-221000
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.