Cosy up and take your self back to the days, the shepherds tended to their sheep, living a simple life, with basic furnishings, and a pot belly stove to cook on and warm themselves.
Keeping this theme, we offer a cosy double bed, eiderdown cover, scatter cushions. A wood burner, a kitchenette, quaint curtains, rugs, all the things needed to make this your own special world once inside.
Experience the outdoors, grilling on the fire pit, cooking with a Dutch Oven perfect for sizzling those locally-sourced sausages you bought from the farm's honesty shop, heating hot water in a Kelly Kettle. Finish the evening sitting around the camp-fire and enjoy the stars.
What is included in Your Shepherds Hut Stay.
Inside your Shepherds Hut
- A fixed double bed with a memory foam mattress. 2 pull out beds underneath.
- Please bring a duvet or sleeping bags, we supply bottom sheets and pillows.
- Fold down table and 4 chairs
- Cushions, Solar Lights inside. No electric as the the glamping area is off-grid, phone-gadget charging is available in reception.
- Wood Burner, logs, kindling, fire-lighters
- Kitchenette - Mugs,Plates, Bowls, and Cutlery. Tin Opener, Bottle Opener, Cooking Utensils, BBQ Tools, Chopping Board, Colander, Potato peeler. Salad bowls, Frying pan, Saucepans.
- Cool Box:, We top you up daily with Ice blocks
- Water carrier.
- Welcome Pack
Eco washing up liquid, Eco Tea towel, Fire-lighters, Matches, Recycle Bag, Waste Bin bag, Pan Scrubber.
- Instructions for Kelly Kettle, Fire Pit and Dutch Oven.
Outside your Shepherds Hut
- Cooking Facilities
- Fire pit with Webber Grill top.
- Dutch Oven. Please ask these are kept in reception.
- Tripod for Hanging Dutch Oven.
- Kelly Kettle for heating hot water.
- We provide all the Fire wood , Charcoal, Kindling and Fire lighters, which are topped up daily .
- You are welcome to bring your own Gas stove, but only out door cooking.
- Out door seating - Each Hut has it's own picnic bench, canvas covered canopy on the side of the hut.
- Please ask if you require anything we have not provided and we will do our best to accommodate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring?
- We aim to cater for all your needs, so basically, all you should need to bring is Sleeping bags, Pillows, Towels, Food and Drink, Drinking water is available close to your Shepherds Hut.
- A Torch for trips to the loo.
- Cooking during my stay? All the cooking is meant to be relaxed and slow and embrace the outdoors, the Kelly kettle is for heating your hot water, but please ask for a Thermos in reception if you would like hot water for quick cups of tea.
- You are welcome to bring a gas stove, but please all cooking our side the Huts.
- Are the Toilets far away?
No the Eco Toilets are provided nearby and the main toilets are only a minutes walk away. Please bring a torch.
- Do you allow Pets? We have one hut that is pet friendly, a Doggie glamping fee of £15.00 is payable.
- What is it rains? The shepherds huts are fine if it rains, you will warm and cosy.
- Check in, Check out Times? The Hut's are available from 2 pm and check out by 12, these are flexible under certain circumstances.
- Can I lock my Shepherds Hut? Yes you can obtain a key from reception, a £10 refundable deposit is payable sorry we have lost so many keys in the past.
- Can I book a Hen, Stag or group booking?
Yes but only if you book all 4 Hut's, as we never mix families or couples with hen or stag groups
- Our camp site T's C"s still apply.
Terms and Conditions of Booking a Shepherds Hut
- Fire Equipment. The nature of your Shepherds Hut Experience break involves using fire equipment, we will give you an induction as the the use of the Kelly Kettle, Wood Burner and Fire pit, a safety sheet is provided in your Hut. Please read and observe them, please ask if you are unsure.
- These terms and conditions are issued as part of your booking contract with us and are in addition to the Camp-site T's C's, This is for with your safety and enjoyment in mind. We cannot accept any liability for misuse of of our equipment.
- Cancellation. A deposit of 20% per Hut is taken at the time of Booking , this is Non-Refundable, the balance is payable 21 days before arrival, a reminder email will be sent to you.
- In exceptional circumstances with 4 weeks notice the Hut booking can be re-scheduled, subject to an £5.00 administration fee.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances on our part, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time up to your arrival date, by either telephone, or email . In these circumstances a full refund of all monies paid will be made.
- Noise. Please respect your fellow Hut dweller, no amplified music, strictly quiet time after 11 pm.
- Liability. We cannot accept any responsibility for your possessions, or for personal injury sustained whilst camping or using fires.
Check In /Out Times
Check in is from 2pm and and checkout by 12 o'clock
Shepherds Huts from £92.00 per night
Shepherds Huts Price Guide