Cosy up and take your self back to the days, the shepherds tended to their sheep, living a simple life, with basic furnishings, and a potbelly stove to cook on and warm themselves.
Keeping this theme, we offer a cosy double bed, eiderdown cover, scatter cushions. A wood burner, a kitchenette, quaint curtains, rugs, all the things needed to make this your own special world once inside.
Experience the outdoors, grilling on the fire pit, cooking with a Dutch Oven perfect for sizzling those locally-sourced sausages you bought from the farm's honesty shop, heating hot water in a Kelly Kettle. Finish the evening sitting around the camp-fire and enjoy the stars.
What is included in Your Shepherds Hut Stay?
Inside your Shepherds Hut
- A fixed double bed with a wipeable mattress . 2 pull out beds underneath.
- Please bring a duvet or sleeping bags.
- Fold-down table and 4 chairs
- Solar lights inside. No electric as the glamping area is off-grid,
- Wood Burner, logs, kindling, fire-lighters
- Kitchenette - Mugs, Plates, Bowls, and Cutlery. Tin Opener, Bottle Opener, Cooking Utensils, BBQ Tools, Chopping Board, Colander, Potato peeler. Salad bowls, Frying pan, Saucepans.
- Cool Box: We top you up daily with Ice blocks
- Water carrier.
- Welcome Pack
Eco washing up liquid, Eco Tea towel, Fire-lighters, Matches, Recycle Bag, Waste Binbag, Pan Scrubber.
- Instructions for Kelly Kettle, Fire Pit, and Dutch Oven.
- COVID 19 Change
- The following will no longer be provided
- Decorative items and soft furnishings such as cushions, bunting, and throws have been removed to reduce any risks between guests
- We are asking our guests to bring their own linen and pillows, to reduce contamination, all our mattresses are wipable which we will disinfect prior to your arrival. please let us know if you are unable to do this and we can put linen packs in for you to make up the beds, bringing your own pillows would be extremely helpful.
Outside your Shepherds Hut
- Cooking Facilities
- Firepit with Webber Grill top.
- Dutch Oven. Please ask these are kept in reception.
- Tripod for Hanging Dutch Oven.
- Kelly Kettle for heating hot water.
- We provide all the Firewood, Charcoal, Kindling, and Firelighters, which are topped up daily.
- You are welcome to bring your own Gas stove, but only outdoor cooking.
- Outdoor seating - Each hut has it's own picnic bench, the canvas-covered canopy on the side of the hut. (if it is really windy these have to be removed)
- Please ask if you require anything we have not provided and we will do our best to accommodate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring? Due to COVID linen/pillows for your beds, the mattress is wipable, so we will disinfect prior to arrival.
- We aim to cater for all your needs, so basically, all you should need to bring is Sleeping bags, Pillows, Towels, Food and Drink, Drinking water is available close to your Shepherds Hut.
- A Torch for trips to the loo.
- Cooking during my stay? All the cooking is meant to be relaxed and slow and embrace the outdoors, the Kelly kettle is for heating your hot water, but please ask for a Thermos in reception if you would like hot water for quick cups of tea.
- You are welcome to bring a gas stove, but please all cooking our side the Huts.
- Are the Toilets far away?
No, the Eco Toilets are provided nearby and the main toilets are only a minutes walk away. Please bring a torch.
- Do you allow Pets? We have one hut that is pet friendly, a Doggie glamping fee of £15.00 is payable.
- What is it rains? The shepherd's huts are fine if it rains, you will warm and cosy.
- Check-in, Check out Times? The Huts are available COVID 19 Checkin after 4 pm and depart before 10 am these are flexible under certain circumstances.
- Can I lock my Shepherds Hut? Yes, you can obtain a key from reception,
- Can I book a Hen, Stag, or group booking?
Yes but only if you book all 4 Hut's, as we never mix families or couples with hen or stag groups
- Our campsite T's C"s still apply.
Terms and Conditions of Booking a Shepherds Hut
- Fire Equipment. The nature of your Shepherds Hut Experience break involves using fire equipment, we will give you an induction as the use of the Kelly Kettle, Wood Burner and Firepit, a safety sheet is provided in your Hut. Please read and observe them, please ask if you are unsure.
- These terms and conditions are issued as part of your booking contract with us and are in addition to the Camp-site T's C's, This is for your safety and enjoyment in mind. We cannot accept any liability for the misuse of our equipment.
- Cancellation. A deposit of 20% per Hut is taken at the time of booking, this is Non-Refundable, the balance is payable 21 days before arrival, a reminder email will be sent to you. COVID 19 No deposit payable, balance in full 7 days before arrival.
- In exceptional circumstances with 4 weeks notice the Hut booking can be rescheduled, subject to a £5.00 administration fee.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances on our part, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time up to your arrival date, by either telephone or email. In these circumstances, a full refund of all monies paid will be made.
- Noise. Please respect your fellow Hut dweller, no amplified music, strictly quiet time after 11 pm.
- Liability. We cannot accept any responsibility for your possessions, or for personal injury sustained whilst camping or using fires.
Check-In /Out Times
COVID 19 Checkin after 4 pm and depart before 10 am
Shepherds Huts from £92.00 per night
Shepherds Huts Price Guide