Facilities on Site
We are very proud of the facilities block which has taken us into the 21st century, we offer excellent facilities, whilst still retaining the ethos and laid back feel.
Where ever possible we use recycled products, reclaimed or recyclable.
The exterior of the building is recycled Plastic Coat hanger, inside is recycled plastic made into waterproof construction boarding.
Toilets & Showers/Accessibility Room:
- The toilet/shower facilities will open but subject to strict rules. Limited numbers in at any one time.
- Extra cleaning will be implemented with the facilities block being closed daily from 11 am - 12 and 4 pm to 5 pm for an hour for a COVID deep clean.
- We will have 2 toilets open whilst this is in operation.
- We are also encouraging people to use their own onboard facilities or bring their own toilet tents, portable flush toilet, and camping showers.
- There are 3 chemical disposal points around the site.
- Guests in line with government guidelines are being asked to bring their own sanitizer and soap.
- Please be advised you may have to wait and please use the facilities responsibly, may campsites are not opening their facilities as they feel they cannot comply or have the staff to implement the COVID cleaning compliance, we can but need your help as well to maintain.
- It will be strictly no unattended children at any time under 12, we cannot be responsible for their handwashing and following social distancing. Your children are your responsibility, we reserve the right to ask any families that do not monitor their children to leave.
- Please be respectful to our Team if they are cleaning and can not allow you in the facilities.
- 5 Ladies Showers, 5 Ladies toilets, 4 Wash hand basins, Hand Driers, Hair Dyer.
- 5 Men's Showers, 3 Toilets, 3 Wash hand basins
- I urinal, Hand Dryers and Hair-dyer.
- Accessibility room: 1 toilet, 1 wash hand basin, 1 Hand dryer, 1 Hairdryer, 1 shower unit.
- Chemical Disposal Point:
- There are chemical disposal points on the site.
- Located in the Main field and the Alpaca Field
- Environmentally Friendly compost loo's:
- These save 8 litres of water every time you use them.
- The golden rule to ensure these toilets work is to keep the toilet lid closed and use as instructed to make sure the separator can do it job, which is too keep liquids and solids separate, so boys no standing when using these toilets, we have put a urinal in one of the boy's cubicles should you not feel comfortable sitting. Supervision of young children at all times, please.
Washing up Facilities: NOT Available due to COVID-19
- Hot water only to take back to your pitch to wash up. Just like to old camping days
- 5 hot & cold sinks by the facilities block and cold water only on the woodland and glamping field.
- Please do not wash clothes, shoes etc. in these sinks.
- Out of Season, these may be turned off to prevent freezing in Winter.
- 18 Electric Hookups:
- Please see our electrical page as we are a rural site, so you must only use camping equipment whilst staying with us.
Terms Of Hire and Safety for Firepits:
- When using any outdoor fire-pit make sure safety is your No 1 priority. Please familiarise yourself with the Fire Extinguishers on site.
- Never leave a fire unattended and know how to use your fire safety equipment. Make sure your fire is out before going to bed at night even if it means filling a smouldering fire pit with water.
- Don't sacrifice safety remember you are dealing with fire. Whenever a fire is lit there is a potential to cause damage to you, friends, family, your tent, caravan etc.
- When starting any controlled fire, safety is the number one concern.
- Do not tip ash around the campsite, this is a huge fire risk hazard, always use the metal containers provided.
- Please always follow the safety instruction sheet supplied with your fire pit, only burn the seasoned wood provided.
- Fire Hazard:-although very tempting, please do not try and create the biggest height of flames, our Fire pits are a safe size for our camp-site, so piling up logs too high creates a hazard as they may topple.
- Strictly no going into the woods for firewood. We are under a woodland Management scheme. Thank You
- Please read the above and accept our Terms before Hiring a Fire-Pit.
Fridge & Freezer facility available: NOT Available due to COVID-19
- We will endeavour to keep ice in stock.
- Please label your goods to avoid confusion and can we ask you to please clear your food out when you leave, please think of the health and hygiene of other users. Thank you
- The freezer is for ice blocks only to allow everyone to keep their food chilled, strictly no frozen food, wine, cans etc.
Reception area: CLOSED due to COVID-19
- Click & Collect System available for Reception Goods.
- Limited stock, you will be access this online, select your goods and pay by Contactless up to £45.00
- Open from Easter to September: Seasonal Hours apply.
- Out of the main season, we have a welcoming reception which is open on demand
- Bank Holidays and Summer Season
- This is only open in Summer Season, out of season a notice is posted on the reception door and a duty phone number should you need to contact us.
- Here you can check-in, charge your phone and buy some local produce and essentials.
- We also stock alpaca products, made from our very own alpaca wool famous for being warm and hypo-allergenic.
- Freshly ground coffee and tea machine and alpaca products.
- Local Supplies
- Locally sourced meats, chutneys, bread, fresh milk etc. Your camp-fire essentials, logs, charcoal and kindling, and don't forget the marshmallows for those camp-fire moments.
- Stocked with camp-site basic provisions.
Food & Drink: Only Available as Takeaway due to COVID-19
- Must be Pre-ordered Click & Collect Contactless payment. Limited Menu
- Parlour Outdoor Kitchen: Only available in High season and Bank Holidays. This will all takeaway on closed Mondays.
- The Parlour Patio is open in the summer months for a pop-up bar serving local Ales & cider in the evening, outdoor kitchen preparing simple local dishes, from Mid July we offer background music on the patio for visitors to enjoy, without disturbing those who prefer to enjoy the peace and quiet.
- All allergies catered for, our famous Tear & Share meal has proved very popular, served from 6-8 in the evenings except Mondays in season
- Old Dairy Parlour: A pop-up bar in the evening from 6-9 except Mondays in season.