Facilities on Site
We are very proud of the facilities block which has taken us into the 21st century, we offer excellent facilities, whilst still retaining the ethos and laid back feel.
Where ever possible we use recycled products, reclaimed or recyclable.
The exterior of the building is recycled Plastic Coat hanger, inside is recycled plastic made into waterproof construction boarding.
Toilets & Showers/Accessibility Room:
- The toilet/shower facilities will open but subject to strict rules. Limited numbers in at any one time.
- Extra cleaning will be implemented with the facilities block being closed daily from 11 am - 12 and 4 pm to 5 pm for an hour for a COVID deep clean.
- We will have 2 toilets open whilst this is in operation.
- We are also encouraging people to use their own onboard facilities or bring their own toilet tents, portable flush toilet, and camping showers.
- There are 3 chemical disposal points around the site.
- Guests in line with government guidelines are being asked to bring their own sanitizer and soap.
- Please be advised you may have to wait and please use the facilities responsibly, may campsites are not opening their facilities as they feel they cannot comply or have the staff to implement the COVID cleaning compliance, we can but need your help as well to maintain.
- It will be strictly no unattended children at any time under 12, we cannot be responsible for their handwashing and following social distancing. Your children are your responsibility, we reserve the right to ask any families that do not monitor their children to leave.
- Please be respectful to our Team if they are cleaning and can not allow you in the facilities.
- 5 Ladies Showers, 5 Ladies toilets, 4 Wash hand basins, Hand Driers, Hair Dyer.
- 5 Men's Showers, 3 Toilets, 3 Wash hand basins
- I urinal, Hand Dryers and Hair-dyer.
- Accessibility room: 1 toilet, 1 wash hand basin, 1 Hand dryer, 1 Hairdryer, 1 shower unit.
- Chemical Disposal Point:
- There are chemical disposal points on the site.
- Located in the Main field and the Alpaca Field
- Environmentally Friendly compost loo's:
- These save 8 litres of water every time you use them.
- The golden rule to ensure these toilets work is to keep the toilet lid closed and use as instructed to make sure the separator can do it job, which is too keep liquids and solids separate, so boys no standing when using these toilets, we have put a urinal in one of the boy's cubicles should you not feel comfortable sitting. Supervision of young children at all times, please.
Washing up Facilities: Hot water sinks available after 17th May
Hot water only to take back to your pitch to wash up. Just like to old camping days
- 18 Electric Hookups:
- Please see our electrical page as we are a rural site, so you must only use camping equipment whilst staying with us.
Terms Of Hire and Safety for Firepits:
- When using any outdoor fire-pit make sure safety is your No 1 priority. Please familiarise yourself with the Fire Extinguishers on site.
- Never leave a fire unattended and know how to use your fire safety equipment. Make sure your fire is out before going to bed at night even if it means filling a smouldering fire pit with water.
- Don't sacrifice safety remember you are dealing with fire. Whenever a fire is lit there is a potential to cause damage to you, friends, family, your tent, caravan etc.
- When starting any controlled fire, safety is the number one concern.
- Do not tip ash around the campsite, this is a huge fire risk hazard, always use the metal containers provided.
- Please always follow the safety instruction sheet supplied with your fire pit, only burn the seasoned wood provided.
- Fire Hazard:-although very tempting, please do not try and create the biggest height of flames, our Fire pits are a safe size for our camp-site, so piling up logs too high creates a hazard as they may topple.
- Strictly no going into the woods for firewood. We are under a woodland Management scheme. Thank You
- Please read the above and accept our Terms before Hiring a Fire-Pit.
Fridge & Freezer facility available: NOT Available this season
- We will endeavour to keep ice in stock.
- The reception will be open, with two people allowed in at any time. expect to continue to have to wear a mask.
- Limited stock, select your goods and pay by Contactless up to £45.00
- Open from Easter to September: Seasonal Hours apply.
- Out of the main season, we have a welcoming reception which is open on demand
- Reception and the shop is only open on Bank Holidays and the Summer Season, out of season a notice is posted on the reception door and a duty phone number should you need to contact us.
- We also stock alpaca products, made from our very own alpaca wool famous for being warm and hypo-allergenic.
- Bean to cup freshly ground coffee, hot chocolate and tea machine Take Away
- Local Supplies
- Locally sourced meats, chutneys, bread, fresh milk etc. Your camp-fire essentials, logs, charcoal and kindling, and don't forget the marshmallows for those camp-fire moments.
Food & Drink: Only Available as Takeaway
- Must be Pre-ordered Click & Collect Contactless payment. Limited Menu
- Parlour Outdoor Kitchen: Only available in the High season and Bank Holidays. Closed on Mondays.
- Sample Menu for Click & Collect
Things to do in the area
Check Availability & Book Online
Online booking unavailable 24 hours before arrival, please call the office 01929 401539.
If your dates are not available, alternatives will be suggested.